decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, May 5, 2023

Tempus Fugit

 My grandson's high school graduation is only two weeks away and I am beginning to get a bit anxious. I am doing a lot of the decor items that involve photos, logos, props, centerpiece embellishments, etc. I'm still waiting to get my "official" list of to-dos but, since I am a "yesterday" person-not a "tomorrow" one-I have just kind of started getting ready and hopefully, I will be on the money when I hear what I am really supposed to be doing.

His graduation ceremony will be at school in the morning and then we will have a reception/party later that afternoon. It will be held at a local, downtown spot that is a family favorite. We will have two rooms. The first will be decorated in his high school colors and then when you head out to the patio area, decor will switch to the colors of the Coast Guard Academy that he will be attending. We're planning a photo op area and games in the outdoor area and I am in charge of that. I am also doing most of the photos for his video loop, centerpiece embellishments and photo banners. If you know me and my penchant for picture taking, you will know that this involves many, many hours of photo searching. Harrison was born two years before I went digital, so there is that and then there is also all of the other photos that friends and family have shared over 18 years! What a sweet trip down memory lane it has been-especially the time I spent with grandson #2 reminiscing about so many wonderful times as he copied what I had pulled. He is the computer guru and is in charge of getting the video up and running. But, the reminiscing must now stop and I need to get the show on the road. I spent yesterday making some props for both high school and his future at the academy. Nothing is glued on yet because I am still tweaking. Today I will tackle the Academy's bear mascot and then make a few props for grand daughter #5 who is graduating from middle school and we thought it would be fun to include her a bit as well.


For some reason, this does not look like a full day of work but, either I am really slow or this just has many steps and takes a lot of time. I thought before I head off for today's challenge, I would take you into the family room ready for spring. Like the rest of the house this year, the family room is mostly greens with a pop of purple...and then there is that POP of yellow. I like my sign but I am just not a fan of the yellow. I think it kind of jars the rest of the room. This may be the last time you see it. Lol







I still like my bee skep that I made a few years ago even if it does have some of that dreaded yellow. Lol


So that is the family room. I'm off to see what I can get accomplished today. I have a pretty busy week next week-hair appointment, day with an old friend, visit from my brother and sister-in-law where we are going to spend Friday with Jen and family. We're going to get in a Mother's Day celebration as well as get some specialty wine bottled up. Then on Saturday, we're off to the World Equestrian Center here in Ocala where my brother has a race and then they will get a chance to see this beautiful facility. I don't know when I'll be back-until then, stay safe and stay tuned.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment