decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Ready For Your Dining Pleasure

This is the time of year that I not only enjoy cooking more than usual but I also enjoy setting a pretty table...hope I have some company soon! Until then, this is what is going on in the dining room. Pretty much the same in this direction ...


...but, oh so different this way! I love how this very simple...and totally free to me...change opens up the other side of this room. I know it wasn't rocket science, but it makes me happy. I've been complaining about decorating the mock fireplace for so long, I really don't know why I didn't do anything sooner. Maybe it was the free console that finally pushed me over the brink. Lol



The console table doesn't allow me to use as many decor items but it does allow to use larger ones and for that, I am grateful! I love that big burst of leaves and the fact that I can display yet another of my favorite urns!





The niche still needs some help. I don't know why I have such a difficult time decorating this area. I am trying not to just use "stuff" and simplify but in so doing, this area seems to suffer the most every time. I think I might need to head over to Pinterest and see if I can find some inspiration.
 

 I do love that I can use my dough bowl here full of those faux pumpkins!






And, I'm glad that I do this blog as a reminder of things that I not only own but also love. I had this side board completely done when I caught a glimpse of a picture of it from last year when I found the light green urn on a terrific sale sometime in September and added it to the mix. I really never thought of it this year but it plays so nicely with the old green balustrade that my daughter gave me. Since green is about my favorite color...and to me, a neutral, I love to use it for almost every season and holiday.
 



So, that is it for this year's dining room. It is pretty straight forward...open and simplified. I think I can live with that. Stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment