decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, August 16, 2019

One Week Down

When the kids were younger, we always had a "Camp Nana and Papa the week before school started and the kids would come for a few days of crafting, baking and cooking culminating with a lunch or dinner where their parents were invited as well. But, now that the boys are playing football and having practices and conditioning literally every day the last number of weeks during the summer, those things are just not possible any more.

And, me being the flexible person I have had to turn into, I am OK with that. This year we were just coming back into town on the traditional day so we switched things up a bit more and we are doing it this Sunday. I actually think that will work perfectly as I can hear all about their first week and, since Harrison just started high school and Hud middle school, I am sure there will be lots to share...as well as Presley now being "big man on campus" at her elementary school!

I am finally getting everything together. Since I will be doing the cooking, I decided to go with a family favorite, Giada DeLaurentis' Chicken Tetrazzini. This stuff is a bit of a pain to make but since it is so decadent and delicious, it is worth every minute it takes. I'm also going with a big Panzanella salad, the kids' favorite broccoli and Paula Deen's Brownies with Moose Track Ice Cream. I think everyone will be happy...and, if not, I grabbed some Bob Evans Mac & Cheese just in case "someone" gets picky. Lol

I decided to still make little goodies bags for the kids just because I always have but, with schools using more and more technology, a lot of the old stand by essentials are no longer needed. I grabbed some hand sanitizer, Kleenex, mechanical pencils, M&Ms and Smarties. They will also take home the supplies I use to decorate the table so I think we're good.


I wasn't sure how I would present the goodies but, on looking through my craft closet, I came upon a package of small yellow bags that I must have picked up last year. A few black lines and we are good to go.


I found this M&M download at oh!rubbish!blog and it was a simple matter of printing, cutting and attaching! And, believe me, they would rather have the edible stuff than any of the school supplies. Lol

 

Here is what I have so far. If I don't need an ark to run out tomorrow, I may grab a few more things. If not, we're good to go.


I will try to remember to take some pictures and I'll be back soon. Stay tuned.

This year's back-to-school photos. The "little" kids started on Monday...


Harrison's high school on Tuesday...


And Olivia's high school in St. Pete on Wednesday. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that this is her last "first" picture! Sob!!




No comments:

Post a Comment