decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easter Snippets


Today I am just showing you some close-up, snippets of my Easter decorating this year. Nothing grandiose. Mostly just simple things I had around stuck into something that "says" Easter and I called it a day.

This has been a funny year. I always decorate for Easter but because of the religious nature of the holiday, I usually find myself going a little more natural and not so "cutesy" as I may on other holidays. Also, we are always in Gainesville for this holiday. With my husband's surgery this year, we decided to stay closer to home-meaning my house! I really can't believe I am not stressing about how much I haven't done, but I am not. The girls and I are just beginning to formulate the menu and activities but if they don't all come to fruition that will be O.K. too.

I guess I am realizing that the best part of a family holiday is the family. The rest is just icing on the cake. I haven't stepped foot on a store forever, haven't bought (or even thought about) the first gift and cleaning the house is so far down the list that I feel silly even mentioning it. Yet I am so excited about this weekend. My house will be open to all family and extended family-and pets. I hope we fill it to the rafters with love and laughter! That is so all that really counts and we are so grateful for all of the support, thoughts, prayers and help we have received to get to this point!

We will have a very blessed Easter and hope you will too. Enjoy the snippets.









No comments:

Post a Comment