decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, September 10, 2011

I've Been Busy!




Since I've got so much coming up. I just had to get started on my Halloween crafting. Everyone will be here this weekend so I thought it might be a good time to present this year's gifts because my girls are all "early decorators" like me.

I actually tracked down the witch society picture that has been everywhere on Pinterest and I purchased the download. As you can see, I have used it in 2 ways so far-the decoupaged picture and just a framed photo. I love it! The decoupaged picture was a many stepped process, but I am happy with the way they turned out. Half the battle is always just finding all of the supplies!


Then, also on Pinterest (I think), I saw some old moldings turned into wall hooks. They were distressed and craggy and the black one immediately made me think of Halloween and how cute the witch photo would be hanging on it -does anyone else's mind work like that? But, I digress!I had all intentions of finding old, actual lock hardware, but time prohibited that, so I remembered my new Tim Holtz die and the lock on it served the purpose. I just put together different sized wood and molding, painted, distressed and embellished. I think it will look nice.

I also whipped up some skull frames. I just downloaded the picture from Graphics Fairy, printed on a dictionary page and framed with a $ store frame. They were a bit plain for me, so I purchased some Jolees embellishments and it gave me just the pop of color I was looking for.

Now that I am breathing a little more easily with gifts off of my plate, I am compiling the list of things I still want to make for my house this year. The "Dead & Breakfast" sign is number one! It has been on my list ever since I first saw it and this is the year. It is a big project requiring many power tools - yeah! Now, my house has to be decorated by Oct. 1 for the grandkid weekend and we will be gone much of the time between then and now, so I may not have it done by then but it will definitely be ready by the time the trick-or-treaters are ringing the bell this year! Stay tuned.

Oh yes, see that wonderful picture of Poe? It is going to pop up somewhere, some way...just not sure how just yet!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH!! I was going to make a couple of the above but now I don't have to!! Thanks!! Can't wait to decorate for Halloween. I am thinking the last week in September since like you, it takes me a week to put stuff up and then make/buy things to fill the gaps!

    ReplyDelete