decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, June 26, 2010

4th of July Decorating






O.K., so I have actually had a whole week in Ocala-no travels this week-and, instead of getting all sorts of things done, I've been tweaking 4th of July decorations!!! What is wrong with me? There are lists of chores waiting and I can't pull myself away from the red, white and blue. I did manage to paint some pool furniture but there is so much left to do that I'm not counting that yet.

I do love the 4th of July even though we don't celebrate it here at my house. We head to my daughter's in Gulf Port where the fireworks are shot off over the bay and we can float in her pool and watch them explode right over the water. Is it evil to wish that her house doesn't sell just for that reason?!

In any case, my youngest daughter and her family have been here to enjoy the decorations as well as some friends of mine and other family who will see them after the holiday when they visit. Really though, I decorate for my husband and me. I love my house when it is full to the brim with holiday or seasonal goodies, lights etc.

This year I added a few pieces. I try to find things that are a bit different and keeping to the vintage feel. It gets harder every year. Don't know if stores just aren't carrying as much in this economy or if I just have TOO MUCH! In any case, I scored once again in my favorite little store in Micanopy, Florida. Not to mention that the trip there makes for a fun day!

I am attempting to post a few pictures of this year's decorations. If I succeed, I may get a bit fancier in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good. I don't have enough decorations to barely cover my mantel!!

    ReplyDelete