decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Spring Has Sprung!

 The plants in the gardens and yard are beginning to make their comeback. I won't say that anything is in its full glory just yet but color is starting to emerge once again and both the jasmine and tea olives are blooming so the scents are wafting around the entire yard! Since I am a creature of habit, I grabbed my camera and headed out before remembering that even if I took perfect pictures, I have no way to download them to my computer. But then I thought about my phone. My phone doesn't take fabulous pictures and the amount of editing I know how to do on it is very limited but, some editing is more than no editing so I went ahead and took some pictures.

I have an Android phone and it is not a new model so the only way I know how to get them to the computer is to email them all to myself and then open and save the picture to a file. Since I can't make any new files, I figured I would just try to add them to an already existing file and....it worked! Of course, it takes forever to do and I'm not sure how long it will continue to work because other solutions have worked one day and then not the next but, for today, I have some garden flower photos to share.

Many of the perennials in the terraced garden by the pool are coming back-and some need to have some of their frost bitten stems pruned off. 



This sky vine didn't take anywhere the hit this year that it did last so I'm hoping the whole pergola will be covered soon. I have three sky vines-two of them are a different variety but this one has blooms that resemble orchids.

These beauties-I have two here and one on the other side of the pool-are mock oranges. After growing up down by the Indian River area which was full of orange groves, I truly wish these trees smelled like the original orange blossom but, even though they look just like the real orange bloom, there is not one bit of scent.



Of course, I have many, many weeds to tackle plus edging, mulching, raking, pruning and pressure cleaning still to go before I will be ready relax out there...but the blooms and scents will make it a more beautiful work place! Lol

I've been slacking on my lacrosse pictures. Both of my grand children's teams are now in playoffs and we have done more celebrating than picture taking as they continue to win. But, I think I have one or two to share.


Our local newspaper did a nice article about our TC team.

Guess I don't have any new ones with Presley but, I have been watching grandson #1 play for the Coast Guard. They're having a rough go of it this year so I actually thought he might not get any play time but he's made it into three or four (can't remember) games so far and it is so exciting for me to see him there and know he is living his best life! He loves everything about the Academy and playing both football and lacrosse for them. Yay #1!!



And, we've had another Grandparents' Day at our High School. It is such a wonderful event and one that I look forward to every year. This year I was there with Hudson and Presley. We always start with a school-wide mass and the message is always something about what an important part grandparents play in the life of a child. Then we are off to the courtyard to mingle and visit and get pictures made before heading in to a wonderful breakfast.


So that is some of the fun stuff I have been up to. Daughter #1 was here for a night as she and daughter #3 were headed to High Point Market early the next morning. We squeezed in a nice catch-up visit and a delicious Chinese dinner! The rest of my time has been dealing with my still not usable car, my almost not usable computer and an insurance snafu that had me thinking my auto insurance was being cancelled. It took FOREVER until my son-in-law and I could find someone who actually knew the answer to why my premium was continuously being sent back to me. I knew I hadn't had any tickets, accidents or claims so I was a bit puzzled but the answer was that they actually owe me money and they're applying it to my premiums until they're paid up. It sure would have saved me a few sleepless nights if that had been conveyed but, oh well. I guess all's well that ends well.

So let's see if these pictures actually publish. Fingers crossed. Stay safe and stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment