decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, April 1, 2024

In Decor Limbo

Easter is now over and we could not have asked for a more glorious day. The weather was absolutely perfect and the company even better. Daughter #2, her hubby and his mother came over for brunch and we had the nicest time just quietly visiting and catching up. It was very different from Easters past when all of the kids would be here and things were so much fun but a bit hectic. Nothing hectic about this visit with the possible exception of my two huge grand dogs trying to play with the visiting, very small dog. But it all worked out and we had a beautiful day-even spent a bit of time sitting out by the pool until the sun got a little too warm for the way we were dressed in the afternoon. It seems weird but lately, the hottest times of our days seem to begin at about 4 PM instead of high noon that I was used to.

In any case, I totally forgot to take any pictures of people-or dogs-once we put the food on the table. We had quiche Lorraine, broccoli quiche, hash brown casserole, homemade lemon-poppy seed muffins, chocolate chip muffins, fresh fruit and bunny sugar cookies for dessert. I didn't go overboard with the table but once my daughter arrived with those beautiful irises and tulips, I did switch out the centerpiece I had originally thought of using. There is absolutely nothing prettier than fresh spring flowers!




I think I have mentioned that I will probably be leaving Easter up a bit longer since it has only had its 2 weeks of fame...but, I am a bit holiday themed OCD so we will see how long I can stand it. I think I will probably change my porch right away so my neighbors don't think I've forgotten. Lol

That being said, I have been going back over last year's spring decor and it may possibly be my least favorite decor of the year. I definitely need to change it up and now would be a good time to start planning. I perused my Pinterest spring board and found lots of "nests". I actually did tons of nests years ago and got tired of them but this might be the time to bring them back out just maybe in different ways. These are cute. I don't actually like the candle stick nests pictured here but put the pic in there to remind myself that I could do something similar more to my liking.



I actually have a lot of old wood boxes from all of my years of antiquing. For some reason I am always drawn to them. Lately I have been using them more as risers but this year I might try something like this.


 And I really love these topiaries. I could probably replicate something close to the pots using the baking soda and paint technique that I used recently on the vase. The lady who posted the instructions said it may be difficult to find the correct greenery to use so I guess I will have to start there. 

So now I have those ideas on my list for the week as well as LOTS more yard work...but, they may have to wait as well. I was right. Just found out we have a lacrosse game tonight and then I literally have something scheduled for every day this week. Guess I'll just wait and see how things play out. I'll be back. Until then, stay safe and stay tuned.






No comments:

Post a Comment