decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, April 22, 2024

Is That Your Final Answer?

 So, after over twelve hours of very concentrated effort on many people's part, the answer is in! I need a new computer. Everyone knew my computer was old and no longer supported in some places but I think the hope was still that maybe it could be helped along with some updates...and, again, let me remind you that I really have NO knowledge of technology! I can do what I can do and what I have been taught...and that is it! I don't understand any of the workings and so I may not even be using the correct words to explain my last few weeks to you but, suffice it to say, when I finally heard the diagnosis from four people that know their stuff but who are also thinking of what is best for me, I know this is the answer.

Do I wish the answer was different? You bet. But, that is only because I don't like change and I am already worried about how different things will be and whether I will be able to navigate said changes easily or not but, I have had changes along the way and so far, I have figured it out, so I know I will be fine.

My son-in-law is choosing and ordering the computer he thinks will be the best fit for me. It seems like you don't just walk into a store and buy a computer. I guess just like clothes shopping, you have to know what size you need. I'm told there are all sorts of things to take into consideration-none of which I can answer-and so, after looking at EVERY function my machine ever used, he knows what I will need. And then, thankfully, he knows how to get rid of my old one and install the new. I'm actually posting this today because we're not sure when the transition will happen or how long it will take and I will be in Tallahassee for my grand daughter's college graduation and then down to St. Pete for over 10 days and my daughter and son-in-law are off to Hawaii for their 30th anniversary somewhere in there so, the bottom line is we don't really know when I will be MIA or for how long. But, fingers crossed, I WILL be back. I can use my browser while I wait so I may be able to do a few more posts but we shall see.

Since we're here, why don't we head to the dining room?


I did change up the niche a bit. Again, after wanting this area for so long, I am still having trouble when it comes to decorating it in a way that I like. I ended up bringing in a very old soup terrine and then the herb pots that usually sit on the kitchen window sill. Not sure I like that here but it is staying there for now as I have no other bright ideas. Actually, I'm already looking forward to getting out the 4th of July and being done with spring-that's kind of sad because I really love the season-I just don't love my decor for it! Lol


So, once again, fingers crossed this will publish! And, fingers crossed that I can get back. I know my new computer will be capable of it-just not sure I will. Lol Stay safe and stay tuned...it's bound to be an interesting story!!



No comments:

Post a Comment