decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Maybe?

 When last I posted I think I mentioned what a difficult time I always have coming up with new craft ideas for St. Patrick's Day...and this year is no different. I have made a few new decor items for my house but now I am trying to find things that my grand daughter and her BFF - and possibly a brother or two - would like to make and actually use. An old favorite is always the decoupaged plate. We have made them so many times but for some reason, the kids still always want to do one. And, since I think we will be whipping up some St. Pat's cookies for them to take home with them, the plate makes a cute vessel for the gift. But, I still want something else so I am getting desperate. Since we have made the small clay flower pot photo holders for other holidays, I thought maybe they would like to make one for this day as well. And, since I have so much St. Pat dress-up stuff, we always get some cute photos. And so, with that in mind, I thought maybe I should put together a sample so they know where we're going with this idea.

Let me start by saying that I'm sure theirs will be cuter than mine...at least I sure hope so. My heart was just not in this thing. I have diddled with and changed it so many times and I still can't find much that I like. But, I'm going to give the kids the pots, paint, papers, embellishments, etc. and let them go to town and, with any luck at all, theirs will be wonderful and they will be proud to have it in their rooms as a remembrance of a fun weekend.

I had a vintage St. Pat's image left over so I painted a pot green and gold and decoupaged the image on to that. Then, I cut out two shamrocks, gilded them up and glued them on a dowel. I did the same with a large, wood shamrock I got at HL and added a clothespin to the back to serve as the photo holder. I added some fine gold glitter at the very end but I don't really think there is anything that will change my mind on this one. It is probably best to quit before there is no returning! Lol


I added a little image that I also had left from a project many years ago with other grands. And because I couldn't help myself, I added the little bow. This will come off when we have a picture from this year.

Once I was done with that...and deplete of any other more brilliant ideas, I decided to start gathering up some of the things I have begun to gather for the weekend. One of our traditions has always been a scavenger hunt for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I'm not sure if we will accomplish that this year or not but I know the kids will still be expecting the "pot ( or bag in this case ) of gold" so I am grabbing any green or rainbow colored candy or anything else that says leprechauns or St. Pat's that I can find.

I've still got a ways to go but since we're still in February, I think I have time. Lol

It is wet and dreary outside so I think I will pick a movie and enjoy a quiet afternoon. If the yard has dried up by morning, I will be out in the yard once again to tackle more of the ever falling leaves. Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment