decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, February 18, 2023

It IS Easy Being Green

And just like that...we're on to St. Patrick's Day! Well, I probably shouldn't say "just like that" because the switch from ALL red to ALL green takes a bit but, I'm there and loving it all. I always say that it is hard to find new ideas for this holiday because so many people just pass it right by but, I guess because I'm older than dirt I have been able to accumulate enough stuff because I have A LOT!

Let's start with the porch and then we'll catch the living room. I'm so glad that I refurbished that flag-it was so faded in the pictures from last year that I almost thought it was a lost cause...but look at it shine!


These beauties are the ones left from last year. I just moved the pots to other places in the yard and they never died back. I actually have a few more pots of them other places and have been having to pull some out of the ground in places that they have taken root all by themselves. Some of mine bloom white and others bloom purple but I think they're all just beautiful and perfect for the holiday!


I ended up hanging the vintage wreath here but now that I am really looking at this picture, I'm not sure this is the best spot for it. It all seems too busy with so much detail from the mirror around the images.When I hang it over a regular mirror the back is reflected and I don't like that either...what's a girl to do?

I still love that little picture which is nothing more than a shamrock image that I printed on a dictionary page and framed. Sometimes it's the little things!


I'm still using the leprechaun hat arrangement that my grand daughters and I made so many years ago. A picture of that project found its way to Pinterest-it was pinned by a blogger who posted clay pot crafts for kids-and made my blog views go wild. And, every year about this time, the same thing will happen as I guess it comes back around. I always forget about it until I see 100s of views in one day and then, sure enough, there it is again and I get my 15 minutes of "fame". Lol






I moved the moss shamrock that the kids and I did years ago to this mirror and I like it there but thinking I might need to move it back to the entrance mirror. I guess with this being a solid color it works better against all of the intricate detail of the tin tile mirror whereas the vintage images just get lost in all of that...we shall see.


  So that is this year's living room. I was hoping that Grand daughter #5 could come over today to start to plan our St. Pat's weekend but I forgot that she would be in D.C. on a school trip. Then, I kind of thought I would head out into the yard to start some spring clean-up and MORE leaf patrol. But, it is really kind of chilly out there and the irrigation system went off this morning so everything is wet....so, I think I'll just tackle some wash and maybe a closet or two and then call it a day...and we'll see what tomorrow brings! Lol Stay safe and stay tuned.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment