decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Holy Shamrocks Batman!!

Happy Valentine's Day. I know, I should be all about the "red" today but, quite honestly, red is not a favorite color of mine and I have been surrounded by it since my Christmas decor came down. If I was honest with myself, it would probably be down already but, I also know myself well enough to know that once it gets evening and the candles come on and I sit down to put my feet up, since it is Feb. 14, my house must still be RED.

And so after coming in from a few chores outside...and once again having to really fight myself to not start to cut down all of the "deadness", I did the next best thing to starting to decorate. I found a far corner of my dining room table-which won't be in use today-and started pulling out the things I have bought/made for my St. Pat's decor...which will start happening tomorrow! I really didn't remember that I had this much so I'm glad I pulled it out because it will help when I start thinking about where the new stuff will find homes. Here's what I've got.

Some of it will be no-brainers...the dish towel will hang on the bar rack, the small wood cutting board will go with the others in the kitchen, the Belles of Ireland will replace other less "St. Pat's-y" looking fauxs, and the wreath will probably hang in the living room. But, everything else is up for grabs. It will be fun moving things around and seeing where everything lands.




Today is another picture perfect day weather wise. I think I have every window in the house open and it feels so good! We were at a lacrosse game last night and it got into the high 40s so a bit nippy, but the days are gorgeous! I will say, it is probably a good thing that my next few days are spoken for. It will probably take 2-3 days for the decor swap and then we have another lacrosse game on Friday night but...if this weekend is as beautiful as today, all bets are off where I will be. It is a catch-22 for me as I desperately want to be outside but but I can't handle being out there when it looks like it does. Maybe it will rain and I won't be tempted. Lol

Until then, stay safe and stay tuned...and have a wonderful Valentine's Day!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment