decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, October 6, 2022

I'm Back!

Wow!!! I'm back but what a week I have had! I think sitting here to write this post is one of the few "down" times I have had in a week! When last I wrote, I had dismantled my yard and was heading over to stay with my grand children while we waited for hurricane Ian. We were not totally unfazed by the hurricane but, because it went in so much lower than predicted, about all we got here was some rain-nowhere near what they thought-and gusts of wind. We had power outages for short periods of time but nothing compared to so many other places in Florida.

The kids and I spent our time playing games, talking, watching movies, etc. and, before I knew it, I was back home. The whole time Ian was going on, my car was sitting in a parking lot with a flat tire that happened just as I had pulled out of my dentist's office. Somewhere in all of that confusion, my son-in-law was able to get the donut on it and my grandson followed me home in my car to make sure I was safe. While here, he and a friend of his lifted all of my heavy pool furniture back for me. That stuff is heavy so I was happy for the help.

I spent Friday filling 6 garbage cans with storm debris and scrubbing the umbrellas and cushions before putting them all back as well as the planters, feeders, birdhouses, etc. By late afternoon, everything was back in its place and it was absolutely gorgeous outside...and so, I poured a glass of wine, grabbed my book and sat by the pool until it got dark! I forgot about that...I guess I did have a little more "down" time. Lol

And then the real fun started on Saturday morning! I began my Halloween decorating. This is always one of the biggest swaps I do because pretty much everything has to come down and be put away before all of the Halloween can come in to replace it all! And, because I have soooo much Halloween, things are stored in almost every closet of the house as well as the garage so it literally looks like a hurricane has passed through by the time it is all pulled out and spread out.

It took me about 4 full days this time and I actually just finished up the outside this morning because not only did I have to find time to get a new tire and run a bunch if errands but, we had two football games to fit in as well.

Monday night was our postponed homecoming game and my daughter was finally able to get a flight and get home in time for the dance and game. It was a beautiful evening and my grandson was crowned homecoming prince alongside a long time friend who was princess. And, it didn't hurt that we won the game 55-0!


The school has a new scoreboard and I need to pay more attention to it. It seems that when a player makes a good play, their face is flashed on the board as well as their name being announced. I was just lucky to glance up and see this...not to mention seeing the pictures of the seniors that run along the outside of the stadium!


And, I learned something that night- it seems that my son-in-law and the dad of the princess were actually roommates at UF where they both got degrees in engineering! And now, this many years later their two children end up as high school "royalty". Lol

Our JV game didn't quite go as well and the team had their first loss but, it was still another beautiful evening to be outside! And now today, I am ready to start our Halloween tour 2022 with welcoming you to the porch. It is pretty much the same as always. I had actually thought of changing it this year but, since I will be gone for about 10 days over the holiday, I decided to wait and save the changes until next year.


This is still one of my all time favorite crafts. I had so much fun making this sign. It had been on my to-do list and I am so happy I finally got a chance "to do" it. Lol



So that is this year's porch. Hopefully I will be back soon with more of the tour but something seems to be going on with Blogger today and it wasn't uploading pictures. I had to keep getting in and out of this post just to get this far so we shall see what tomorrow brings! Lol Stay safe and stay tuned.


 

 




 

 







No comments:

Post a Comment