decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, October 8, 2022

Am I theOnly One?

Am I the only one who wakes up without a clear cut plan of action for the day and before I know it I'm into things I never would have imagined? Well, that is me...and it happens often. Perhaps not often enough or I would never need my never ending to-do lists...but, I digress.

 First of all, last night we had a football game that very rarely happens-at least with our high school teams. We were playing a team from Clearwater which must have been very closely ranked to our TC team as the score of the game ping ponged back and forth the whole time. We were usually the ones ahead but then they would come back and catch up. I could go on and on but, this game was one of the more exciting games I have ever seen. It literally came down to the last 6 seconds before we knew we had the win!


I'm sorry about the quality of this picture. I asked someone to take it on my phone but they used their own so it had to travel another generation.

Because of that win, it turned into a much later night than usual so it was well past my bedtime when I got home. I fell asleep with no thoughts of today. When I woke up, I had a few small things I wanted to get done. The first involved finishing Halloween decorating in my bedroom. Of course, that included clearing photos and putting out the Halloween ones so, of course, the furniture would get a dusting and polish. That was supposed to be it but, once the furniture with shiny finishes looked so good, my gaze turned to my beautiful armoire from Habersham Plantation. It is a dark stained pine and that wood dries out so quickly. Back when there were more hours in the day than there are now, I used to replenish the wood almost every month with lemon oil. Don't even ask me how long it has been since I last did that but, today, before I could stop myself, that is what I was doing. And, if you give a mouse a cookie...before I knew it, I was lemon oiling every piece of Habersham furniture in my house...and there are a lot of those pieces.

While waiting for the oil to soak in before buffing it all, I walked through the sunroom and noticed the "weed trees" from the back field encroaching. Mind you, I have seen them encroaching for awhile but I was waiting for the danger of snakes to be a bit less before I headed into that jungle. But today I didn't care...out I went. I will say that our rainy summer has really helped the weeds grow back there and I didn't get much of the under growth out but I did get those weeds that grow a foot a day all down...well, at least the ones closest to the fence. It will take a lot longer and some helping hands before I can tackle it all but at least now I'm not seeing them hanging over my fence. 

And let's just say thank you to the text I got from my grand daughter inviting me over to watch Hocus Pocus 2 or who knows what other mess I would be into by now. In a minute I'm off to get ready but thought I would get this posted before I left. Since this is already so long, let me just post the bedroom pictures for today. This is usually where all of my extra photos end up but I love them here because I walk by them so many times a day.


So that is it for today. I will be back soon. I have a pretty full week ahead but I can always make time to visit with you. Stay safe and stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment