decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, June 26, 2022

Yay!!!

I've had a fun but interesting start to my weekend. I think I told you that I was heading to Tallahassee on Friday for the culmination of my grandson's week at Boy's State. For many reasons, plans changed and I ended up at home with my youngest grand daughter and Hazel (the dog). We had had a pretty fierce storm the day before with lots of trees, large limbs, etc. coming down and major power outages all over town and were expecting more storms as heavy, if not worse, to come through on Friday. Presley didn't want to go to Tally and back all on the same day and it wasn't safe for her to be alone with the weather we were expecting so she and I had a fun day of lots of games, talking, laughing and a few Disney movies.

And, I must say, the weather did not disappoint anyone who was expecting near hurricane force issues. Holy cow! It was a doozy. I don't ever mind storms...in fact, I usually enjoy them as long as we don't lose power...but this one was a bit of a "nail biter". At one point, we heard a very loud lightening strike. I was pretty sure it was in the woods behind my house but, I think we found out exactly where it was as we were heading out yesterday. Just around the corner, a HUGE ( and I mean a trunk with probably a 5-6' diameter ) came down on a house. It totally crushed the garage end and did a fair amount of damage to the main part of the house as well. I'm glad I didn't see that until it was over because I would have bet one of my huge trees would have come down as also. It was brutal...but, we never lost our power. Other neighbors must have because there were a lot of downed power lines still on Saturday. 

In any case, I haven't heard of any injuries so it looks like we all made it one way or the other. And so, daughter #2 arrived for a visit on Saturday morning. We were headed to daughter #3's house to visit and eat but made a run to Hobby Lobby on the way. I haven't been there in awhile and my hopes were to pick up some supplies so I would have some things to do to keep me occupied on the rest of our "typical" Florida weather pattern afternoons! I broke down and got a few things that weren't on sale - which totally goes against my better judgement but I didn't want to have to go back again next week - but I did put my foot down on a few non-essential things that were full price...and, might I say, I think almost always over priced! But, I digress. Lol

In any case, here's what I got along with a few things I have thrown in to give you a little hint as to what I might be up to this coming week. Do you have any guesses?

The party napkins were 50% off and, I will use the sunflower ones for dining very soon but I also can use them for crafting. The same with that pretty floral. I really don't have anything specific in mind yet but, if something hits me I will be prepared.

The canvases, wood discs, beads and paint pens are for some gift ideas I have and there is really no time like the long, hot summers to get some autumn, Halloween and Christmas things done. That way there is more free time to just enjoy the seasons and holidays when they get here.

When I was at daughter #3's house, we started talking about the 4th of July...which is approaching much faster than I had realized...and it looks like we will do a small get-together at their house again. Their house is perfect because we can literally sit on their front porch and watch the fireworks. We won't see as grand a show as we would if we actually got in a car and drove somewhere but, we've all seen so many grand firework displays over the years (if you've ever seen the display at UF's Gator Growl, you've probably seen more than you will need for a lifetime ) that we are perfectly happy with what we can see from nearby displays as well as the ones my son-in-law will set off in their driveway!

And so, today will probably find me once again perusing Pinterest to see what exciting red, white and blue food I can come up with to bring to the party and maybe starting on one of the crafts.

Wish I had more but, as you know, summer is not my favorite and unless I can eke out some holiday things, my life is not all that exciting this time of year! Lol Stay safe and stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment