decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, June 5, 2022

Back to Reality!

 So yesterday I was looking back on last year's sunflower decor and today and I caught myself wanting to look back on last year's autumn leaf and pumpkin decor! Luckily, I came back to reality before I plunged too far down that rabbit hole. Lol After all, today is only June 5. I'm pretty good at wishing my life away...at least the summer months but, enough is enough. And with that being said, let's head into the dining room.



I still love this console table that I got from Daughter #3. She had used it in her house and then moved it to her back porch where it "mysteriously" ended up getting a corner or two broken off. It was on its way to the trash when I intervened. I had always wanted that piece since the day I first saw it in the Ballard Design catalog...as a matter of fact, I believe it is still available in the newest catalog. I rescued it, brought it home and did a little creative repair. If I remember correctly, I used dry wall compound to rebuild the broken areas and then just matched the paint by mixing some acrylics together. It was an easy fix and I love it. It is also a pretty easy spot to decorate because the "players" don't change all that much. The Pottery Barn lantern stays there a lot as well as the lamp and then there is almost always a large urn on the left - although the color may change - filled with seasonal decor. I wish all of the house was that easy to do with such a gratifying result!

So that is this year's dining room. I'm off to get a few things done before my grand dog returns for a two week visit. Not sure what the week will bring but if there is anything fun, I will bring you along. I'm thinking things will be pretty quiet because everyone will be gone but we shall see. Stay safe and stay tuned.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment