decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, March 27, 2021

Next!

Is there any question why, when you are a crafter, the year just seems to truly fly by? One holiday isn't even over and it is time to start thinking about the next. I guess this happens because, if you are making your decor items, you need advance time for that and, also, because the stores start putting supplies out and if you don't snatch them up quickly, you might not get them. I'm not sure if stores just don't have as much these days or, with all of the MANY new craft blogs out there showing so many ideas that people just rush to grab up everything they can, but, it is not always easy to find what you are looking for these days.

As I was posting almost the last of my Easter decor for this year and waiting for the arrival of my grand daughter, I started looking at my Pinterest files. I'm not sure why I skipped "spring"...which will be the next thing I will decorate for... but went straight to the 4th of July board. Much to my surprise, I had posted some new ideas over the last year so I am really getting excited to bring out the red, white and blue supplies and get started. Here's what I have zeroed in on so far. 

I think this would be a fun one to do with the kids. I would like to make it a bit larger than just the block but I think it would be fun to do and with the many steps that it has, we could definitely fill an afternoon.

homegrownhospitality.typepad.com

I love water colors but it is not something I am good at. I think maybe on this one, I could cut the Statue of Liberty out of Contact paper and use it to mask the red and blue water color areas. If the Contact paper serves as a good enough mask without water seepage, even I should be able to pull this off. Lol

thenavagepatch.com

And, since I still have s stack of the wood tags that I cut for another project, I figured a set of 4th of July tags were a must. I also have a large wood tag that I cut when last the saw was out that needs some kind of embellishing. We shall see.

stylemotivation.com

So those ideas are what are on the drawing board so far. Considering it is still just March, I think I have a pretty good start on the 4th of July for this year. Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment