decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Hopping Right Along

As the tour continues, we head into the kitchen.




I miss the days of just being able to randomly stroll through stores and happen upon things. With the virus, I pretty much know what I want when I head into a store and don't do much dawdling. Occasionally I will see something on passing but I can't help but think that I have missed numerous "too good to pass up" items the last two years. That is what happened with this small cutting board. I happened upon it two years ago (pre-covid 2019) in the Target Dollar Spot. I think it was $3. I simply used a black paint pen in Rae Dunn fashion to write the words.


This year, everyone on the craft blogs is going crazy over fill-able "chocolate" bunnies from WalMart that they are taking apart, painting and adding cardboard to to make them look like antique chocolate molds. They are also now COMPLETELY sold out everywhere.

The frenzy for those bunnies reminded me that I actually have old molds. They're probably technically not antique but, I have had them for many, many years and I am an antique so, close enough. I actually used to make beeswax bunnies as gifts from them. I also had an old Brown Bag cookie mold that I used to do paper mache' in. I dug them out and put them in my old wooden carpenter's box. Who knows, maybe I'll try my hand at molding some soap or wax again soon?

I also love that little bunny tin tray I got at HL the other day. And, I left the orange carrot bowl in the box as I was now going to introduce some more orange carrots into this room. I made so many carrots this year that I had to get inventive as to where they would be used! Lol I guess in the past, I have had the carrot in the box and no other orange anywhere in the kitchen...not sure how I let that happen. I actually still think the orange fights all of the other Easter colors but, it is what it is. I only have so many rooms that I can decorate!

So, with an orange rubber scraper in the utensil holder and the orange carrot in the box, I reluctantly brought out my foil wrapped bunnies once again and gave them some carrots along with the pot of carrots where they were growing. I know, I know, this story really makes no sense but I need to have some kind of justification for my design...even if it's only in my head! Ha-ha Now your eye can follow the orange around the room. These are those little candy filled carrots from the $ Tree that I spent WAY too long making and got so many hot glue burns that I was determined that they were going SOMEWHERE!

Then there is the adorable little coiled basket that my cousin made for me.

And, on the floating shelf is the bunny Mason jar that I made last year. I found some lighter napkins this year so, if I can find just the right glass container in my stash, I might be making another one of these...and hopefully it will be a bit brighter. I love the old bunny but I think it is a bit too dark for this area. We shall see.




So that is pretty much the kitchen for 2021. We are still not sure how Easter will play out this year but I sure hope I get to use some of my dinnerware and serving pieces to feed someone before it all goes away. Stay safe and stay tuned.






No comments:

Post a Comment