decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, March 22, 2021

Hippity Hoppity

St.Pat's is down and all put away and I am finally on to Easter. Join me in the start of our 2021 tour.





Once we step through the door, you should begin to see some of this year's changes. Last year I used a small amount of "orange" (that I had added in the Mr. and Mrs. Rabbit statues) in the livingroom. When I began making all of the orange "carrot" things this year, I just assumed that they would be in the livingroom as well but, that just didn't work out. And so, there has been a lot of changing up...and I am starting to like it.


I am finally happy with where this big guy is sitting now. I bought this bunny many years ago in SteinMart and even though I always loved his size and presence, I never quite found a way to use him that I was happy with. I put him in this large tin dish and then started surrounding him with the flowers and still didn't like how it was looking until I realized that the top egg was throwing me off. I can't even remember what color it was but it just wasn't right. Since I have so many purples in the arrangement, I grabbed my lavender chalk paint and painted it. Then I used a paint pen to add some detail. Lucky for me the detail on the others is kind of "freehand" because it was not easy to do with him already in the arrangement and I had fiddled with those flowers so many times that there was NO way I was taking it apart just to paint that egg. When the paint was dry, I brushed on some Elmer's glue and then threw some glitter onto it. And that was all that he needed. I love him now.








I found this pillow at Target the other day. It is very rare these days that I buy an actual pillow versus just a pillow cover because they need so much more room to store. But, this one spoke to me. The white bunnies are actually embroidered on the flax linen pillow and I think it is just so pretty.







I love this old bunny. I bought him many years ago at a favorite shop in Gainesville.



So that is the first of the tour for this year. This is usually where I would be saying things are as they are until I "tweak" them. But, truth be told, we are less than two weeks away from Easter. Most stores are all pretty much sold out of their nice Easter things and most of the craft blogs that I follow have moved on to 4th of July ideas...so, things are probably going to be staying just like this.

We are having an incredibly chilly day even though it is spring. But, the temps will be soaring later this week so, I'm not sure where the week will take me, but you'll be the first to know. Stay safe and stay tuned.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment