decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

The Dining Room

 Let's move on to the dining room. I think this room is pretty much as it was last year except for a few new pops of hearts. Always have to enter with a greeting from my favorite pig chef!




So here is the new pop of hearts that I showed you the other day. I don't normally use my silver but I decided that I like the vintage romance it lends to Valentine's Day so, I brought some of it out. Lucky for me, I also love the tarnished look. Lol

I didn't like the silver footed bowl empty and I thought the vignette needed some softening. I put the greenery in it but then it looked too plain...hence, the making of the cardboard hearts. Do you see why my days are always full and I never run out of things to do. In my world, one thing always leads to another. Lol




I was so excited to actually be able to use this room for its intended purpose yesterday. We did a little "girl's" luncheon for my sister-in-law's birthday and, since it was a holiday, my youngest grand daughter was able to join us as well. I used my rose dinnerware, placemats and napkin holders with pretty rose patterned napkins, my pink glassware and a pretty bouquet of varying shades of pink roses. It looked so nice...but, you'll have to take my word for it because I didn't think about taking any pictures. It was just fun to be able to set a pretty table again and have some company!

It is a beautiful day out today so I am off to catch up on some things on the old to-do list. Stay safe and stay tuned.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment