decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

I'm Seeing "Red"

I just decided that I wanted to start sharing this year's Valentine's Day decor...even if I still don't have the outdoor lights down. I did take down the tree and greenery around the window but, I'm just not in the mood to do the rest today...and, since it is now just icicles hanging, I figured I might get a pass as it IS supposed to be winter out there...although today's temperatures might not agree. In any case, I hope none of my English teachers are seeing that last sentence. It kind of just runs on and on...which is very much how I speak. Lol


I'm still enjoying using the burlap door hangers that I made a few years ago.





There is definitely a vintage theme going on in this room. I am always drawn to vintage for Valentines (and Halloween and 4th of July)...don't know why. Maybe they just read as more romantic to me? I have a large stack of vintage Valentines that I need to find a way to display. I will have to work on that.

I still love the dried flower heart that daughter #1 made me many years ago. She found it in Martha Stewart Living Magazine. I think the soft satin ribbon is what really sets it off. I don't think it would be anywhere near as pretty with all of the wired ribbon that is the rage these days.





I also just love the picture I found and downloaded a few years ago. It reminds me of my cousins and myself when we were young. I swear we each had the those exact same coats!

I think the chalk painted canvas with the sequin heart is still one of the prettiest decor items we have made. It is so simple that even the youngest kids can do it successfully - just kind of gluing sequins into a drawn shape.


So that is the living room for now. I am just beginning to think of some craft projects for this year so there is always the chance of a tweak or two. Stay safe and stay tuned.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment