decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, January 4, 2021

Happy New Year!

Even though 2020 seemed like it may never end, it still seems hard to believe that it is gone! And, for whatever reason, I had a hard time letting go...not to the year but to the Christmas decor. I loved it this year. It was comforting and cozy and I really had to give myself some serious "talkings to" to get started taking it all done. I was somehow under the mistaken impression that Christmas to Valentine's was one of my easier switches. I guess I felt that way because a lot of the "red" could stay out and, I will say, the break down was a bit simpler but the rest of it is still not finished. I have almost all of the Valentines decor up and just finished getting the last of the Christmas put away but, this is the end of "day 4" and I still have the outdoor lights to take down. That is on the agenda for tomorrow and should go pretty quickly and then I will be done and can start taking some pictures.

And, hopefully, those will be much better pictures because I got a new camera for Christmas. I am still getting familiarized with it, so the change may not be instantaneous but, fingers crossed, I will figure it out rather quickly. Of course, I still have the same photo shop program so we shall see. My hope is that if I am starting with a better picture, I may not have to do as much manipulating. Again, fingers crossed. 

I'm definitely looking forward to learning how to use that zoom lens. I have missed so many close-up shots at dance recitals, award ceremonies, graduations, sporting events and on and on. I'm still not sure I am going to enjoy switching the lens but we shall see.

And, it appears that I may have found the perfect conditions for my Christmas cactus because it is beautiful this year. This cactus started as a single little stem that someone had given my mom on a visit to her nursing home. It was fine for Christmas but there really wasn't a lot of extra space for live plants in her room so I brought it home and really never did more to it except watering...and moving it to a larger pot each time it was necessary...and, before I really thought much about it, it was blooming like this. And, I think it might even be ready for another pot upgrade.


So this is where I am as we begin another new year. I am hoping that I can start showing you some of the Valentine's Day decor very soon. Of course, it is only January 4 so it's not like I really need to hurry. Lol I'll be back soon. Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment