decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Still More Red!

I had a really fun day yesterday with an old friend and today I am waiting once again for the handyman to come hook up the rest of the components, so while I'm doing that I thought I would let you have a look at the dining room in all of it's red Valentine glory. I must say, I am not really a fan of the faux tulips but, I have come to expect something large on the left side of the console table to balance the tall, buffet lamp and, right now, this is all I can come up with. They fill the need...and the space.




Here is where the grain scoop ended up. I like it with the vintage Valentines but think it might need a filler of some sort to soften the feel. I've already got that on my list for my next HL run.





And, you might as well peek at the sunroom while you're here. It is super simple because of all of the other things going on in there.


But, of course, it does now hold all of this treasure! I finally got the paint to hold on the side walls. I jerry rigged a bit of a riser until I find something I like better (also on that HL list) so that the opening above the TV is no longer visible but still have some work to do in the back at the bottom. Compared to where I was, I am happy.


And, I went back and added a few more Valentines to the scoop and they cover the base of the candle so I think I'm good with this too.



Ahhh, it makes me so happy when loose ends start to come together. Lol Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment