decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Moving Day!!

Yep, it's moving day!! No, I'm not moving OUT of my house, I am just moving around a lot of stuff that is IN my house. This story started so long ago, that I honestly don't remember if I have shared or not.

It is long and complicated-as stories usually are when I am involved! But, it all started when daughter #3 and her hubby decided to do another almost total gut job on their house and get their forever, dream house finally finished. They did a huge remodel when they bought the house about 7 years ago but, she is a decorator and has new visions and I guess it was time to do it all again.

And so, with the new vision was also coming almost all new furnishings. And, she was offering almost all of her things to the family. Now, I love everything she has...she is a decorator...she has good taste. But, there was one piece I especially loved ever since the day they bought it and that is a VERY large TV unit. It didn't look that large in their first home because it was in a room with very high ceilings. But when it moved here, I wasn't sure it would even fit in my house. But, small details like that have never stopped me.

What has stopped me-actually us-is the fact that the pieces are so heavy that it takes many more than 2 strong bodies to move them. And so, the two smaller pieces have been at my house awhile waiting for the other two huge pieces to join. Those pieces have been sitting on my daughter's back porch. But, now that all inspections have finally been done, things are beginning to move a little more quickly and new appliances and furniture are being delivered and, she needs her porch back.

And so, she has hired her handyman and his helpers to do the move tomorrow.

I am very excited except that the move now entails three moves at my house. We have to move my current TV center to the sunroom before we can put the new one in the family room. And, we have to move the one in the sunroom before we can...well, you get the picture.

And so, I have been trying to move some other things around to make room for the big move tomorrow. Luckily, daughter #2 wants the three things that I will just not have room for any more so all I have to do is find temporary homes for them until she and her hubby can get down here to get them.

Does any of that even make any sense...more to the point, do you even care? Lol I think I'm just trying to justify why my back that was almost back to normal is killing me again and why my house that looked pretty good when I took these pictures a day ago is now in shambles again.

Luckily, it still looks OK in the pictures, so let's move to the kitchen.





I'm so glad I thought about putting my old carpenter's tool box on the kitchen counter. It is a good place to corral all of the small kitchen things that we need for every holiday- straws, coasters, pot holders, skewers, extra plates and a trivet this time. It is so easy to just grab what I need and go.


I still love the jar vase I made as gifts a few years ago. Now I just need to get out and cut some pretty flowers to fill it. Luckily, we have had picture perfect weather this winter so there are lots of blooms out in my yard just waiting for the cutting!















I can always tell when I haven't changed up a lot because I don't have much to say-which, as anyone who knows me will tell you-that is a rarity. Lol In any case, that is pretty much the kitchen for this year. It has more than enough "red" to read as Valentine's Day but it has been simplified just a little in keeping with my new "minimalize" theme.

Off I go to get even a few more things moved around. I truly hope that by the next time I post I will have my house back to "normal" but, as things often go with me, one thing leads to another and another and...it's always an adventure! Stay tuned and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment