decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, January 6, 2020

Heart Overload

I know it is still early in January but, as I have posted before, now when I take down my Christmas decor, I go straight to Valentine's Day. And, the reason that I am so excited about posting this is that it means that my Christmas is actually all down and packed away for another year. For some reason, it was a bit more of a chore this year but, it is done. And so, bring on the hearts. As we go through the rooms, you might notice that I didn't use any lights this year...and I am sort of missing them but, the strings on my lights were getting a bit untwisted (they're really old) and my eye went more to that than it did the pretty glow and so...

I am also continuing my quest to simplify. I might have gone too far in this case but, I will be happy when it is time to take it all down and go into St. Pat's. And, I think I have also posted before, for whatever reason, Valentine's Day has never been a favorite holiday of mine for decor. I like all of the stuff when I see it in stores or pictures but just not in my house...guess I'm not a red and pink kind of girl.

With all of that in mind (lol), let's get the tour started.




Those poinsettias drive me crazy because to me they scream "Christmas" but, until I can find some other flowers that will work for heart day, they shall stay where they are. They are red after all.
















I love this picture that I found and printed many years ago. It always reminds me of me and my cousins-I swear we all had those same outfits when we were young!








I still love this heart that my grand children and I made as gifts a few years back.


So, that is pretty much the living room for this year...keeping it simple. I will admit that I haven't been in a store since Valentines has hit the shelves nor, have I done any crafting...so, I reserve the right to tweak at any moment if I should feel the urge. Lol Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment