decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Here We Go Again

I am going to be picking grand children up from their various schools today( as their decorator mom and aunt head to Atlanta for the Home and Interior Design Show) so I knew I didn't really have enough time to get into any big projects. And, since I left everything from yesterday's crafting out, trying another pillow would be a fun and simple way to spend the morning.

Again, I had an inspiration picture but wasn't sure exactly how I wanted to do this. Since the design featured hearts that were a bit different in size and shape...but had the same sized negative space in the middle...I thought it best for me to cut some patterns so that when I started painting, I knew to move out of that space and not into it...does that even make any sense? Lol

And so, I cut out the hearts and played around with their placement before giving them a quick trace.



 Then, I added a bit more craft paint into the watered down paint from yesterday in hopes that it would read a bit more red...and it does! I will say, now that it was thicker, I didn't expect it to bleed as much as it has. I am good with it in most spots but will probably go back and even up a few places once it has dried a bit. And then, I will have to decide if I want to add anything else or call it a day. I like it right now but find myself constantly looking at all of the negative space and feeling tempted to start adding. Trying to fight the urge because most often the hardest part is knowing when to stop! I think I might actually have to see this on a pillow form before I will know for sure.


It was hard for me to do, but I decided to stop. Still thinking about filling those spaces but going to resist.




I have a few more crafts I want to try but need a day to get out and find supplies. Also, I think there are a few rooms left to share. I'll be back. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment