decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Patience Is a Virtue!

Patience may be a virtue but it is definitely not my forte. I know I have shared this before, but Valentine's Day seems to be the hardest holiday of the whole year for me to find things I want to do. It has always been this way. I really think it is because of the colors...not my favorite. In any case, I struggle to find craft ideas-even though I long to do a craft-and ideas for cards are few and far between. I did, however, find a card idea a number of weeks ago and I have just been putting it off. For whatever reason, I decided today was the day.

I had all of the supplies I needed except glue sticks...which is odd for me because I usually load up on them when school supplies go on sale. But, I didn't have any today and they are definitely my glue of choice on paper projects like cards. And, I just did not want to get dressed and head out. I have a ton of errands to run and knew that once I was out, I would be gone for hours and it just wasn't doing it for me today.

 I decided that I could make them with my Tacky glue. But, try as I might, either no glue came out or large blobs of glue came out. And large blobs are not what you want when dealing with tiny, little hearts.

And so, this project turned into an example of patience...which I have already told you is in short supply around here. It IS a gorgeous, sunny winter day. The birds are flitting all over my feeders. Lots of flowers are still in bloom...and all of that is in sight of my crafting spot...so, I persevered.



And, I think they turned out kind of cute.


Now I'm off to start gathering up everything I already bought for this year's "Valentine weekend at Nana's"...which is next weekend. I think I have finally decided on crafts, food, sweets and games. Daughter #2 and my brother and sister-in-law will be joining so it promises to be a fun time. I think I have a bit more of the house to show you, so I will be back. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment