decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Welcome...

...to family and friends...but not issuing a whole hearted welcome to summer. If the truth be told, I am already ready for it to say farewell-to the chagrin of my grand children (who will be going back to school) and my teacher friends (who will also be going back to school).


In any case, here is the newest addition to the porch and how the porch looks right now. I'm still needing to get out and get some yellow flowers!




This is a pretty self explanatory project but I had intended to document it none-the-less. But, you know what they say about good intentions. This is how far I got when I heard voices and a knock at the door.


Daughter #3 and three of my grand children surprised me with a visit. The weather outside was a bit "iffy" so we ended up playing a long game of gin rummy...and staining was about as far as the sign got that day!

I cut some letters on my Cricut and started playing with placement. This word would truly be easy enough to freehand but the wood is rough and you only get one chance to make the right size and placement so I took the coward's way out.


I got the sunflower pretty much done and the letters traced and filled in when grand daughter #5 arrived for the weekend. Her brothers were off to camp with their uncle (husband of daughter #2 and our greatest nature lover) and her mom and dad were heading out of town for the day so she wanted to come stay with me...how could I say no? I did have a few minutes to go back and do a bit of modification before I had to clear the table and get ready for a weekend of game playing. I ended up putting the letters at angles so that the "welcome" didn't end up going all the way down the sign.


It looks like I suddenly have a pretty fun and full week ahead of me but I am still planning on tackling the painted pillow cover, starting the re-design on my office/kids' dorm (wait until you hear about the great deals I made at Kohls that gave me the color scheme for this room...FINALLY!) and bar stool recovering projects. As you know, I love a project so I am excited to get the next week going...after another day of game playing that is. Lol Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment