decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, July 6, 2019

One Step Closer!

Time to reflect on the last few weeks...and then move along!

I have been in my glory with all of the family visiting and the fun things I've gotten to do with everyone. Since the whole gang was here the weekend before, the actual 4th was a bit of a quieter celebration. Presley spent a few days with me as her brothers were off in Crystal River with friends. We were in charge of dessert and, since she enjoyed it so much last year, she wanted to make the cupcakes again. She is really quite the little baker and, I think, except for possibly reaching high places, she could do all of this on her own.







We had a chance to play lots of games, watch movies, craft (although this time it wasn't 4th decor. She is all into making "jumps", fences, and other barn and ranch accessories for all of her horses. It is actually quite something to see!...even though I didn't get any pictures. Lol), talk and giggle!


On the real day, we headed back to her house and, since the afternoon was kind of gloomy, we went back to playing games while her dad fired up the new air fryer he got for Father's Day and "fried" us all kinds of deliciousness! Then, it was out to the porch to watch fireworks before heading back to another rousing game of gin rummy!


And, as if all of that frivolity wasn't enough, we headed to our vintage downtown theater yesterday to see Toy Story 4!

This is the first day in 3 weeks that my house has been totally quiet-no extra people or dogs! It is taking me some time to get used to it but I have a list of to-dos a mile long so that is what I am tackling today. And then, I think the 4th will come down tomorrow and out will come the sunflowers.

I was also reminded that I usually make my Halloween gifts during the summer so I can be out and about when October arrives. I have been looking at my Pinterest boards and bought these the other day just in case another watercolor pillow cover idea was to hit.


 We'll see and you'll be the first to know. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment