decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Let the Sun(flowers) In!!

OK. This is the time of every year that I am just not sure I will survive...and then, down comes the 4th of July decor and I can sometimes trick myself into believing that autumn is right around the corner...maybe several blocks away but around the corner non-the-less!

And so it is! The red, white and blue are gone and the sunflowers are out! I use sunflowers because, after all, they're "sun" flowers and what better says summer than the sun...the very HOT sun? But, they also mimic the beginnings of the colors of fall...and for that I am ecstatic! And, I now know that my next change, in about a month, will mean the addition of autumn leaves and pumpkins and I will know, once again, that I have survived that which I will always call "the hottest, wettest summer ever"! I know that really won't be true and, if the truth be told, I'm OK with the summer heat as long as I can float in the pool or stay close to home. It is only in the world of errands and parking lots and walking...lots of walking...that I begin to melt.

And so, no more complaining from me. I am going to show you the summer decor and hopefully add a few sunflower crafts and the re-do of my office along the way and before you know it, I will be smiling ear to ear and another autumn will be here! I'm skipping the porch yet again because one of my crafts will be there soon and then I need to get some yellow flowers to replace the red, white and blue. With that in mind, let's start in the living room.


I ended up not changing very much because, once again, I had to play some long games of hide and seek! I have been trying to do a lot of consolidating this year. In doing so, I opened up new areas of storage and I have been trying to move my seasonal and holiday things into some form of semblance. The only problem is that I have had things stashed in every nook and cranny-and sometimes in fairly haphazard ways-for so long that now that I have achieved a more cohesive system, I don't remember where things are! That is what happened with the two copper jars in this vignette. They weren't where they have been for years! I knew that wherever they were made more sense...I just couldn't remember where that was! And so, after more time than I care to admit in the search, I remembered...and yes, it did make sense. Hopefully now I won't forget again-at least for these two jars. I also had quite a search for the citrus colored plate on the chest. That one stumped me so badly that I ended up putting something else there but it just wasn't quite right. This time I will blame my eyes and poor lighting because it actually ended up being where I thought it should be...I just didn't see it the first time I looked. Always an adventure in my house. Lol But, it keeps me busy and I love doing it so much that it is a win/win!












So that is the living room. Here is what is on deck. I pulled all of my sunflower colors and am going to see what I can do with another pillow cover and then I think I need another fence slat porch sign. Ideas are just starting to come on these but I am excited to get going and see where it leads. 

 I am also in the beginning stages of a re-do of my office now that the top bunk has been taken down...and, thanks to decorator daughter #3 who just gifted me with 3 different bolts of leftover designer fabric, I'm going to try hard to use those as jumping off spots. Of course, it will all need to start with repainting the walls and woodwork...and choosing a color which always seems to slow me down these days. At least these fun chores will keep me inside in the A/C so all should be fine. It will be a fun ride and you're invited to join me but for now, I am off to spend the day with a friend. Stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment