decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Lazy Days!

By now I'm sure anyone who reads this blog knows that I am not a fan of heat! But, the one thing that I do enjoy about summer is that it gives me an opportunity to take things really slowly and not feel as if I am slacking in some way. I just seem to move slower and that is OK. And so, I do enjoy my new pace.

Today I started making my porch sign but because it took me so long to get going, I am having to wait until tomorrow to do the actual painting because the stain just isn't quite dry enough. And so, instead of showing you that today, I thought we might take a peek at the kitchen.

This is about the only time of the year that I can bring out all of my favorite olive jars and urns because as well as sunflowers, I go a bit Mediterranean in the kitchen and dining room. Things are pretty simple this year.








I went to buy fresh sunflowers but when I see the orange roses, I just can't help myself!




This is one of the fabrics I got from my daughter. I really don't think it is something I would have picked but I think I might like it on my bar stools. Now my dilemma-the green side is the right side. It has a nice raised pattern and looks good but, I think it might be more green than I want and I'm actually thinking of using the wrong side that has more of the taupe showing. What do you think? You don't have to answer right away. At the speed I'm moving these days I probably won't get to this for awhile! Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment