decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, July 14, 2019

New Obsession!

I knew the minute I painted the 4th of July pillow that I had found my new passion. The pillow cover was on sale for $2.50. That was the total cost for that project and I loved the outcome. Once I painted that cover, I knew I was hooked and thought I could make one for each holiday/season like I did with the door hangers. And so, pillow cover #2 came to be. I really wasn't sure how I would approach it, but this is what happened.


I started by ironing the pillow cover and then putting a sheet of freezer paper inside so the paint didn't bleed through. Next, I cut a petal pattern. I actually ended up tweaking the shape of this pattern several times. Then, I traced it and filled it in with "sunflower" yellow craft paint.


After the initial petals were painted, I added the filler petals.


I added some burnt orange paint to the yellow to help define the petals. Then I came back with the same burnt orange to add some texture to the flower. I was actually going to continue with some black and white for more definition but decided to stop at this point.




 I love it and, for a total of $2.50, I am actually quite happy. The next one I will try will probably be autumn leaves. I think I have found my next obsession. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment