decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

And Then I Looked Up!

I am now on Day 4 of my "little" painting project. It took 2 days to paint the walls, baseboards and door jambs of my office. Days 3 and 4 saw me painting the doors but then having to move out into the dining room and into the guest bath because the other side of the bedroom doors are in those rooms. I just might have created a monster as one thing leads to another to another...

I am always amazed at bathroom projects. I always think they will be easy because they are small rooms...but then I remember. You truly have to be a contortionist to get behind the commode to do anything but taping the baseboards and painting them is just a comedy of errors. On one side I literally had to paint with my left hand (and I am right handed) and the brush was flopping everywhere and painting things that were not meant to be painted!

The taping off process took me 3 hours-honest. I figured the more I taped, the easier the painting would be.

So here we are looking from the hall through the bathroom into my office....


 ...and around the commode...



...and from my office into the bathroom.


That was a lot of taping but right about then I was starting to feel pretty good about myself. Until, I looked up. I completely forgot about the crown! It will need to be taped on both sides and definitely will involve the ladder. Since I still had all of the painting to do, I decided the crown will wait for another day!



I now have all of the bathroom painting done as well as the doors into the dining room and hall. I have left most of the tape in place in case I have some touch ups to do tomorrow. I would like to say that I will then head into the guest rooms but that will involve moving some heavy furniture so we shall see. In any case, this side of the house is looking pretty good and since it has been years since I last did this chore, I'm thinking this might just be the last time I have to think about it. And, since I can hardly move, that just might be a good thing! Lol

But, alas, as I look at these pictures, I'm thinking maybe some wall painting might just be in order...oh dear! Stay tuned.

Since I didn't get this posted yesterday, I thought I would show you where I am currently. First of all, what sadist invented these things?


Yep, I'm talking about those 6 panel doors. Those panels are almost impossible to paint without drips...no matter what size brush you use, no matter how little paint you put on that brush and no matter how careful you are. The paint I use is from Benjamin Moore and is nice and thick...and yet, it still finds a way to drip after you are done and are positive there is no extra paint! No matter what I have tried, this is the way it goes so I just give in to it and do the best I can...and clean up the next day-today. There were some drips that I actually had to sand down and paint again but I am now done and not looking any more!

I will say, it is a lot more fun to pull all of that tape off also-and look at that shine on those doors. This is one of those thankless jobs that is SO worth it in the end if you just push yourself to do it. I will NEVER enjoy painting moldings but I am done...at least until I go buy another gallon of paint. On to the fun decorating parts.

I also thought I'd show you the bathroom ready with sunflowers now that it is all bright and fresh-it cleans up pretty well.




No comments:

Post a Comment