decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, June 17, 2019

Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer

Yep, that is my life as we "speak" and for the next two weeks as well. I am baby sitting one of daughter #3's dogs - the other is staying with daughter #1. Two large, young dogs are a handful but I could do it except for the fact that Hazel is a swimmer...and, since it has taken me over a year to finally get my pool looking good again, we decided not to chance it. I am keeping Parker, a very large black Golden Doodle who has way more of the standard poodle look than the Golden look. He is such a sweet dog but have I said "large"? He is a gentle giant but still can't help getting excited every time he sees you move. He has been my constant companion - which is lovely but also a bit of an issue because I can't seem to accomplish anything. Hence, the lazy part of my life. I am giving myself permission to take it easy and just enjoy my "shadow". If I could only get him to shadow me outside, life would be perfect but, once I open the door to my 3/4 acre yard, he is off! And, since there are so many areas I can't see all at once, I find myself not able to weed, trim, etc. because I'm wondering where he is and what he is up to. Believe me, if he finds a way out, he will be off to new adventures. Hence, once again, lazy days!

Sorry this isn't clearer but he moves every time he sees me!



I am trying to stick pretty close to home and stay busy indoors. Tomorrow my long time friend and her grand daughters are coming over and we are going to do some 4th of July crafting. I've got lots of supplies ready and lots of ideas...can't wait to see what they decide on.


I think I have a bit more 4th decor to share so let's hit the family room today while Parker is lying at my feet and all is quiet. Lol









Now that I've decided to leave the two PB lanterns on the ends of the mantle, the rest of the decorating there is pretty simple.


I think this flag was one of the first large wood signs I ever made. I used bead board and lauan plywood. I actually made them as gifts that 4th and it makes me happy to see them still being used in so many homes. Mine has gotten a bit chipped and scratched over the years but I think that only adds to its charm.



I still love the hand print wreath made for me many years ago by daughter #3. It is still one of the most pinned images from my blog and brings many people to this site.




So that is the family room for this year. I've got a few craft ideas in my mind but I need to get to HL to pick up some supplies and I'm still not sure about leaving Parker alone for that long. I needed to make a quick run to my daughter's the other day and he got into all kinds of trouble while I was gone. I think I'll weigh the options for another day or so. Lol Stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment