decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Bits and Pieces

It looks like we are going to have rain pretty much most of the day. As much as I would love to finish up my list of outside to-dos, I am also OK with the rain. My lawn and gardens are so happy and, just when I thought I might need to add some water to the pool, Mother Nature has stepped in and done it for me...free of charge!

But that meant that I would be looking for things to keep me busy indoors today. There is no dearth of those things but, because it is kind of dark and gloomy, a lot of them just don't work for me...like painting base boards, crowns, doors etc. Too dark and damp for a big paint job. Lots of deep cleaning that could be done but, for whatever reason, things don't ever seem to look clean on days like this so why even try. I did get a few loads of laundry done and now I am just kind of "grazing".

I hit up my 4th of July Pinterest board to make a list of my favorite 4th crafts in case the kids come over for a day and to make a list of supplies I might still need to get.

And then, I spied a paint stirrer flag that had been embellished a bit. Since I wasn't really totally enamored with the star I made ( as a sample for the kids ), I like the idea of the addition of the small flag and bow. There was also a bit of 4th of July "bling" so I'm going to see what HL has to offer. Right now, it looks like this. Getting better but still not quite there! If I can't find some sparkly flower picks, I think I will add some more ribbon to that bow...we shall see.


In any case, before I head off to unknown projects, let's take a peek at the dining room.




I still love this vintage Bethany Lowe inspired star that the girls and I made so many years ago. I remember that this was a long project because we actually had to start with sheet styrofoam and cut the stars the size we needed. Then, there were many glittering and coffee staining steps.


I just went back through my library to see how long ago we actually did this project. Here we are in July 2009!





And here are the 6 finished products ready for gifting.



 

Serendipity! Just when I was getting really exhausted from the 2 days of decorating - with more to go - and carrying around 3 left over flags with nowhere to call home but not wanting to go "all the way" into the family room closet to put them away, opportunity struck...yep, just perfect. Lol


I am starting to think what I might be able to put here in place of these shelves over the "fireplace". They are so narrow and hard for me to decorate. In any case, this is how they look now. I was able to use the canvas flag we made last year and then prop the special painting Presley surprised me with up on the top. I love that masterpiece!


We seem to have a slight break in the weather so I'm off to put out some new chair cushions and plant a few more flowers. Still looking for a craft project. Anyone have any ideas? I'm sure inspiration will strike soon. Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment