decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, September 13, 2010

Missing in Action


I have been missing in action for a few days. I was down in Lakeland attending a very important occasion - my grandson's first Open House in kindergarten. He was so proud to show us his school and classroom and to introduce me to his teacher. Once again I have to wonder "where have the years gone?" I know it is only 5 1/2 for him but it truly seems like he was just born!


I have to include a picture of Presley as she was modeling another of her beautiful outfits. This child is only one and has a closet packed. She could wear a new outfit every day for many, many days. The problem is that she is so darn cute, you may not even notice the outfit!


I was only home one day when the gang started to show up. This weekend was Grandparents' Day, a home Gator game and Olivia's 9th birthday. We had people going to the game, people watching it with us and people coming after the game. By about 6 P.M., my whole immediate family had arrived and my husband and I were feted to the most wonderful celebration of Grandparents' Day. The guys bar-b-qued, the girls cooked and the kids helped wherever needed. All we did was sit, sip wine, eat and open presents - what a way to go! There were a few grumbles about this being a made-up Hallmark holiday, but as long as all I had to do was sit, sip wine, eat and open presents I say bring on more made-up Hallmark holidays - as long as grandparents are the ones being feted!


I had asked the kids if we could try to do a photo shoot since we would all be in one place at one time. They promised "no complaining" and they were true to their word. The pictures leave a bit to be desired but at least we're all in them. My sister-in-law took the pictures for us and I'm thinking she had better not quit her day job but the problem may be the subjects as well. Once again it was hot and some of us were past naptime - no, not my husband or me - so I think we did as well as could be expected. I think if I play around with them a bit more I can turn out a decent shot but was anxious to get this posted.


I will leave you with a hint of what is to come. I have been trying to cut back on my Halloween shopping. Some of the things in this picture were gifts, some on fantastic sales and some things I just couldn't live without. I know the picture isn't great but it's hard to photograph when you're never sure when your husband may walk in the door and all of this new Halloween stuff would need some sort of explanation. Gives new meaning to click and go!

No comments:

Post a Comment