decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, October 17, 2024

Who Took Bets?

Those of you who know me would have made out like bandits if you had placed your bets on time. Lol Of course this was going to happen!!!


Well, not exactly this! Of  course, this is NOT where it was supposed to happen but it was as far as I could get this cutie. And, I figured I had an open window, several lights and an electrical plug. I was determined to get some of that black paint stripped down. And, the saddest part is that I don't think it's going to be all that difficult except that my hand sander is relatively old and uses paper that is no longer available so, over the years I have jerry-rigged other paper to try to make it fit and stay in place. But, my other projects have been small. This one is larger and needs heavier grit paper. It takes FOREVER to get the paper hooked in place and then it may work for a minute or two before it flies off!

My gut is telling me that a sander that actually works would make this job fairly easy and it would look so much more like what I want but I am just not up for heading out again today to find one so...I hope I don't have any unexpected company in the next day as getting in the front door is not all that welcoming but I am not about to drag this thing anywhere again...at least for awhile. Lol

After I left you yesterday I headed out and made a big pot of lentil-barley soup-I think I was motivated by our beautiful autumn temperatures that finally arrived- and then still had some time to kill so I grabbed the witch image I had printed. I just did it the usual way-on canvas with water ripped edges.


 And then, of course, I distressed the edges.


I really didn't know where she was going to go so I just put her here...and there she still is. Guess I had better go see if I can't find her a better place. Lol


Sure wish I could be showing you the finished cupboard all nestled back in its home looking pretty but, that isn't going to happen today so that's it for me.

I ran to get my flu and covid shots this morning and somehow decided I had better go ahead and get the shingles shot that I had to put off because of a shortage of the second shot for awhile. The tech warned me about the shingles shot causing some discomfort and advised that I shouldn't baby my arm but use it as much as I could. I'm guessing dragging that cupboard out to the living room may have helped because except for this reminder, I have no clue that I had three shots earlier today.




I'll let you know what happens next. I know you'll be on the edge of your seats until you see how the cupboard turns out. Lol Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment