decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, October 14, 2024

Getting Back to Normal

 Things are slowly getting back to normal. I think I finally have all the things in the yard back where they belong and I have picked up as much of the debris as I can. I also realized just how many things I have on timers in my house and that they all need to be reset before they will work again...not to mention that I have some kind of a mental block when it comes to understanding just how to work those things. Luckily my irrigation guy was set to come today for my autumn check-up or there would have been no sprinklers going off around here for awhile. Lol  I was behind on a lot of chores but I am slowly catching up on those as well so I thought this might be a good time to move into the dining room. I had grandiose plans for changing up this room this year. The problem was that I knew I wanted to change it but I didn't know to what. And so, with the interruptions of Helene, there was just no time to figure it out...maybe next year?






I did bring the "pumpkin man" back out this year...he hasn't made an appearance for awhile and I just felt like it was time for him to return. I actually thought I might hang him from the ceiling above the coffee table in the living room until I realized that he is not attractive when viewed from the back and there would be no way to hide that in the living room. I have so many fond memories of my two grandsons running back and forth through this when they were so much younger...who am I kidding? They'd probably still do it today. Lol




So that is the dining room for this year. I have a list of things I wanted to do today but, as I was perusing Pinterest, I happened upon a few water color pictures that caught my eye. For some reason, I am attracted to water color. I have tried my hand at it a few times but I wasn't very good so when I see something that someone else has done, I am usually impressed. I printed out these two pictures and am thinking I may try my hand at possibly just decoupaging them onto canvases today. We'll see where the day goes.


Stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment