decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, October 6, 2024

Here We Go AGAIN!!!

So, my outside Halloween decorations have been up for less than three days and it looks like they will be coming down soon! Either I take them down or "Milton" might. Yes, we have another hurricane coming to Florida and this one looks to be going straight across the state. Of course, it is still just a bit too early to tell exactly where it will come in but even if it deviates a bit, my county is expecting a lot of wind and with that probably power outages. Putting up those heavy decorations was rough this year so I am really tempted to wait until I know it is for sure going to be really windy here but, we also have predictions for lots of heavy rain for all of the days leading up to landfall so I probably should do it before it gets really wet out there!

In any case, I need some distraction from all of the predictions coming this way so why don't we go into the kitchen while I'm here?



I still love my little jack-o-lantern pot that I found many years ago at my Hallmark Store. I really miss that store-they had so many fun holiday decorations that you couldn't find anywhere else!


 








I brought this witch back to the party. My youngest grand daughter just loves her because she is sound activated and starts cackling and lighting up every time there is a noise in the kitchen. I stopped putting her out a few years ago in one of my "simplify" attempts and just didn't bring her back. But then the other day as I was decorating I saw her at the bottom of a Rubbermaid and decided it was time for her to make a reappearance! Presley will be so excited!







So that is the kitchen for this year. I guess I'll go check the weather once again. My checking it every five minutes probably won't have any effect on its changing for the better but.... Stay safe and stay tuned.






No comments:

Post a Comment