decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, October 3, 2024

Holy Heat Batman!!!

 So today was THE day! I promised myself...and I told you all yesterday so I couldn't go back on my word. But, I don't think it has ever taken me so long to finish a cup of coffee because I said to myself "you'll get started as soon as you finish this coffee". The job doesn't get harder but for some reason (lol) it takes me longer and longer every year. I know the real reason-again, lol-but this year I am also blaming the heat! It is still SOOOO HOT out there! It took me 2 1/2 hours this time but I am done. That being said, this might be the last year for the trellis. Three of the cross braces are broken and I have tried to jerry rig them before and it's not working so, unless I can come up with a better idea, it may be time to lay it to rest. And then there is this:


The garland just sheds and sheds as I am putting it up-don't know how many years it has left either. I will take some more pictures when the sun isn't shining at the camera but for now, this is where we are...and I am still alive.


I always get a little melancholy when I look at that trellis because for years and years I took pictures of my grand children in witch hats under that thing. It started with one and went all the way up to seven and still we were good. Until one day we weren't because we realized that they had all grown so much that even if we doubled our row they all still weren't going to fit under there and we had to move out by the sign. I truly can't believe where time goes...and it goes much too quickly!!

And I realized that I didn't show you a good picture of where my new raven ended up. I absolutely LOVE him here. It is like he was just made for this spot. He sits on there perfectly. I've always had a raven here but it has always been one of those little inexpensive ones that I bought at Michaels...and I always had the hardest time finding a way to wire his feet in place where he wouldn't keep falling over. This guy is just perfect!! Meant to be!!! Serendipity!!!



So with that, I am officially finished with the decorating...guess I had better get going on moving autumn back into the garage...and in closets...and under beds...well, you know. Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment