decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, October 12, 2024

Good-bye Milton!

 Wow! This was a scary one! Once again, my home town was lucky in that we didn't get anywhere near the hit that other parts of Florida received! The images are heart wrenching and, as with Helene, lives have been lost. Milton broke records in ways no one expected and many, many people will have many months, if not years ahead of them to try to rebuild!

I must give props to my city's debris pick-up people. Helene wasn't picked up immediately but when they saw that we were going to get hit with Milton, they actually had pick-ups last Sunday. And that was probably a good thing because it didn't take long to get the streets filled with the debris from Milton. I have already had the pick-up of one load and this is there waiting for the next crew to come through.


I have spent a good bit of my time since I got home getting the yard back into shape. I have picked up almost everything of any size and gotten all of the bird feeders, bird houses and other hanging things back to hanging. I got the fountains cleaned and back up and running as well as the pool but I still can't figure out how to reset the timer on my irrigation system...waiting for my grandson to bail me out. Lol
I've trimmed off the branches that got blown askew and I begrudgingly got all of the Halloween decorations put back up. I say begrudgingly because I wonder if I actually needed to take them all down in the first place. When my daughter was driving me home we took a ride through her neighborhood to see the damage and there were houses with those HUGE TALL skeletons still sitting where they were-of course, there was also a house with a big tree through its roof so I guess it was better to be safe than sorry.

I thought I would include another room in my house in this blog but I am tired and ready to call it a day so I will try to get back soon.

Just know that even though others in my family did get hit harder and have more significant damage to their homes, we are all safe and that is all that really matters. Stay safe and stay tuned,


No comments:

Post a Comment