decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Unsettled Week

I had grandiose plans for this week. I was going to paint my sunroom ceiling...until I didn't! My plan had been to start on Monday but, when I woke up, I decided to get some of my little "Monday" things done first. I started by taking out the garbage cans which led to me seeing branches on my roof so out came the ladder and I was getting those down...which led to more branch picking up around the yard and some weeding. I still thought it might be early enough to get started when the pictures from daughter #3 and her family started coming in. They are in Connecticut dropping grandson #1 off at the Coast Guard Academy and Monday was "the" day. After a lovely weekend of meeting the lacrosse and football teams and their families and getting familiar with the campus, it was time for him to leave them to go get his uniforms, haircut and all the things and then the next time they would see him would only be for 15 minutes after the swearing in ceremony-which I got to watch and pretty much cry through...this is the REAL deal. No more little boy. 

I was worried how he would react when the reality hit but more so how his parents and siblings would be feeling and so, I just couldn't get my mind to wrap around ceiling paint. Lol

And so, I started by doing what I pretty much knew I would end up doing-I added some very fine Martha Stewart copper glitter to the wreath here and there. I really had to stop myself or I would have had that thing illuminating space!

And then, I still had time on my hands so I decided to decoupage another 4th of July image I had laying around. I guess I must have printed a lot of them last year-I have no idea why. In any case, daughter #2 fell in love with the pallet sign I had in my kitchen when she was here last week so I told her to take it. I really wasn't all that fond of it if truth be told. But, I was apparently fond enough because I missed having something on that shelf to fill the dead spot. And so, I set off to make another.

I really didn't get very far as no matter what wood I had in my stash, I couldn't put strips together to get the correct size pallet for the image I had. Note to self-I need some kind of saw to help me rip wood lengthwise. I checked my closet and I still had a few Valentine large wood tag signs that I hadn't used so, out came my friendly chop saw and I was off-not as substantial as a pallet but at least something that would allow me to get started.



I wish this had been wood as I then could have sanded the edges to get different colors to reveal but, since it is just masonite, the sanding process doesn't work. I just went around the edges with black, more blue and some red. It really isn't what I wanted...or even really like...but, after all, it is just a 4th of July decoration and will only be up another week or so...and, it DOES fill a spot...and, it DID keep be busy the rest of the day...so, I am good with it.


So now it is Tuesday and still no ceiling painting. Today the rest of my family is flying home and since their original flight up got canceled, their travel home plans are a nightmare (flying into Orlando but flew out of Tampa so that is where their car is)-not to mention that hundreds of flights are being canceled out of the northeast as I type due to severe weather...and so, my mind is scattered again and I can't seem to get motivated to paint just yet. I actually don't know what I will do but I'll start with lunch and maybe something will click. I still have my grand dog here so maybe she and I will take a little walk-we shall see. Until I'm back, stay safe and stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment