decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, June 3, 2023

Fingers Crossed

 It is Saturday morning and my fingers are crossed that today is the day that we get some rain-of course, not until daughter #3 and her family arrive safely back in town. Lol Our weather predictions have gone from 90 percent chance right now to totally 0 percent in an instant and we have not had a drop of rain in quite some time. And, have I mentioned that it is HOT out there?!

In any case, I'm looking for things to do in the house although, it would probably rain if I decided to wash my car. Ha-ha May have to give that a try later. Until then, let's head into the dining room.

I distinctly remember making this star with my oldest grand daughters. It was a long process on one of their "holiday" weekends at Nana & Papa's. We had to cut the star out of sheets of styrofoam. We then glittered them up and embellished them with tea stained coffee filters, more glittered card stock stars, small paper flags, a small banner we printed up and pearls as feet on each of the points of the star. This was a "knock-off" of a Bethany Lowe decoration I had seen somewhere and it was another case of me not checking the measurements because these turned out, once again, to be ornaments for a table top tree. But, once again, that is not what we would have wanted so this was a win for us!



I'm not sure why, but I really like this display. It is simple but I just think it all goes together well...and, it is really pretty at night when the candle clicks on.

And that, my friends, is the dining room for this year. As you may have guessed, I did go back to fool with the "sparkler boxes" again. I didn't make any big changes...just kind of nestled them in a little better...and I am good...at least for this year. Who knows, maybe when I'm starting from scratch next year I might have a really brilliant idea on how to use them...we shall see. Stay safe and stay tuned.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment