decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, June 16, 2023

Gloomy Day

I am by no means complaining but, it is a pretty gloomy day out there today. We have already had rain several times but not much thunder and lightening so no fear of losing the power-at least not yet! I really have no problem with a rainy Friday-especially if I don't have anything special planned-and I don't.

Hazel is back with me again. She came with my daughter and son-in-law the other night when they brought over dinner and just decided to stay. I really enjoy having her here and, except for having to get her to go out in the rain-not her favorite thing to do even when I go with her-we are having a wonderful visit! 

My last post filled you in on my grand children's "projects at Nana's house" visit but what I forgot to show you is that they also came bearing gifts-my favorite kind of gift-beautiful flowers. I love peonies but they do not grow here so it is always an unexpected pleasure to receive a beautiful bouquet of them...and the stock that is in the bouquet just make the whole house smell so yummy!

So since Hazel and I are housebound and I don't have any good ideas for any more 4th of July decor/crafts, I decided to go to my Pinterest page and see if I had any autumn/Halloween/Christmas ideas that I might get started on. I must say that once again, just by virtue of my having been around a lot of years, almost all of the things that I find that I like, I have already done-and still have-or, at least close enough that I wouldn't want to do it again. I picked out a few for now to start thinking about.

The first is an autumn dummy board wreath. I have a Thanksgiving one but this one wouldn't have any turkeys so I could use it for my autumn decor-or, if I used more sunflowers, I could make one for my late summer decor. We shall see. This idea came from ChristmasTraditions.com and looks like it is no longer available for purchase...but definitely a candidate for copying. Lol

I also found this pumpkin. I'm guessing it is for Halloween as not only is it black but it is displayed on a spider web piece of fabric. I wouldn't do it black. I think I would use it on a faux pumpkin that I might "whitewash" a bit and then use leaves with just a hint of color. I think that would be pretty with my autumn decor. I am hoping to get to HL next week and, fingers crossed, they will have some autumn leaves already out. I used to be one of those people who questioned why stores rushed the seasons but if you are a crafter, you need your supplies in advance of the season. I'll be disappointed if I can't find what I need to get started on this. Lol This idea is from fernandmaple.com although when I went to the page, it was no longer available either.

Halloween is always hard for me because I already have SO much but, I don't have a witch's stocking-although I DO have a witch's shoe which looks a bit similar. In any case, I might make one of these although definitely not the three as "BOO". Maybe I could use some other image in the blank area.

And then I kind of like this pillow although I would use the witch's shoe but not fill it with candy. For some reason that sends my head to more of a Christmas stocking?! This image came from alistrebel.com.


And then on to some Christmas ornament ideas:



I could actually get started on this one right away because I purchased a number of the hard to find ceiling tiles when my $Tree finally got them in.


I think the snow globe might be fun with a vintage image inside. This one was made with a purchased kit but I'm thinking I could do close to the same thing with half of a plastic fill-able ornament? Again, fingers crossed Christmas craft supplies are soon out.

So those are my ideas for now. I'm trying to find projects that I can do to stay busy while daughter #3 and her family are taking my grandson to CT to start the next chapter of his life in the U.S. Coast Guard Academy. I'll have Hazel once again-if she ever leaves this time lol-so we will be looking for things to keep us going and away from anything that uses WiFi. Oh, I forgot, I also just picked up a gallon of ceiling paint to paint the much over due ceiling paint project in the sunroom. I had a leak in that ceiling years ago and just realized the other day that I had never painted the ceiling to cover the now very old stains. I guess I just needed those "new eyes" because I swear, as many times as I have walked through that room, I have never looked up to those stains. And, I'm guessing no one else has either as no one has ever said anything-maybe they were just being nice.

Off to see what is going on. Stay safe and stay tuned.




 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment