decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, June 23, 2023

Decisions, Decisions!

 As promised in my last post, I am back to show you the finished wreath. As a recap, here is where I started: images downloaded, printed and cut out ready to go. I started placing the larger ones to see when I had enough and then cut out a lot of leaves to use as filler once the wreath was assembled and there were vacant areas. Once again I used a $Tree wire wreath form that I stepped on to flatten. This times the "spokes" that held the form together really popped through the burlap once the form was wrapped but I found my wire cutters did a fine job of snipping them off so they didn't show.


I forgot to take a picture of just the wrapped form but you can see a bit of it in this picture. I like to place the "anchor" pieces first and then work from there.

This isn't quite the same "vintagey" feel as my other wreaths because I couldn't find many vintage postcards or images that were just autumn-most that I found were for Thanksgiving with those sentiments written on them as well as turkeys, Pilgrims, etc. I have absolutely nothing against Thanksgiving except that I already have a "dummy board" wreath for that holiday...in fact, it is one that I bought before I started making these. So here is where we are now.


Of course, now the question remains-do I add glitter or not? I love glitter but sometimes the project just doesn't call for it and this might just be one of those times. There are a few places where I can see it benefiting the wreath but, once I get going I know I will want things "balanced" and before I know it, every bit of it will be glittered up! And so for once, I think I will wait and just look at it for awhile. I will of course be adding a hanger-I just need to know where I will hang it and how long it will need to be. I think this time I am NOT going to hang it in front of a mirror. The back on this one is pretty unattractive and not something I would want reflecting. Decisions, decisions. We shall see. Stay safe and stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment