decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, June 15, 2023

Getting a Handle on Things!

 I am getting a handle on things...just in time! My spring-when I would normally be doing a lot of these things-was filled up this year with all of the graduations and sporting festivities. And so, things that I would normally have been doing in a bit cooler temperatures with helpers who would have been more available in less busy years, got put off until now. In case you didn't know, I live in Central Florida where we have normal summer weather patterns of thunderstorms almost every afternoon. This year, that was a bit slow in coming so, although we have had the HEAT, the showers have been fewer and further between. Until now. It looks like we are back on schedule so I am happy my grand children decided to do a "Nana yard day" before that happened.

As I have said, I am used to doing almost everything myself-I have always done that and enjoyed that. But, as sad as it makes me to say it, there are just some things that I can no longer do just because I don't have the strength I once had. And, honestly, with two strong grandsons who play football and lacrosse, the heavy lifting shouldn't be on my agenda any more.

And so, there appeared two days when everyone was free and they came to help me tackle some of the big things. They put in 3 new fence posts where the privacy fence was leaning a bit and helped me clear SO MUCH of the field behind my fence that always wants to invade. It is a bit of a jungle back there-especially after a long winter where no one has done any cleaning. The hardest part is getting through all of the vines that seems to connect trees that are 100' apart. We always come out of there looking like we have fought a battle-and we have!

My grand daughter joined on Tuesday and with the 4 of us at it almost the entire day, we got SO MUCH done! It always makes me feel good because the less growing behind the fence, the less that will come creeping into my yard where I will have to tackle it.

And now, they're back today to attach the fence to the now set posts and then to help me lift and level one of my concrete fountains and my concrete bench. It is amazing how they can lift those things with hardly any effort at all! Oh to be young again-lol

So now that I am feeling so ahead of the game, I thought I would show you the last of the 4th of July decor. All that is left is the guest bath and maybe a glimpse at my bathroom with just a slight nod to the day.

I love these "free" designed flags that the kids and I did a few years back. We each just let our design flow. 



Seriously, just a nod!


That is it for this year's 4th of July decor and, I haven't found anything new to make so I guess it is time to start looking forward a bit. I like to do some Halloween and Christmas crafts during the summer so I'm ahead of the game when they arrive so that is probably what I will be doing next-we'll see. Stay safe and stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment