decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, March 18, 2023

Rainy Days and Saturdays...

 So today was supposed to be rainy and stormy. That is what the predictions have been for a week. And yet, as I write, the sun is shining. I didn't want to start any outdoor projects because I believed the forecast but, if something doesn't happen soon, I think I will go out and start cutting back the azaleas that I kind of let go wild just to see them in bloom. Blooms are done and it's time to trim before buds get set for next year.

While I am waiting for that outcome, I started to look at some of the things I have pinned for Easter. I'm thinking this is more the vibe I am after.



 Except for that bit of purple, these are definitely neutral and, the bunnies are not white. About then I am thinking I will paint all of my bunnies this year to see if I can head in this direction.

And then I see this...



And, honestly I have bunnies almost identical to those and they were the ones I was thinking of painting. But, I like this look also...still relatively neutral but with white bunnies.

And then I see this...



And now here come the Easter colors that I thought I didn't want. But, I have an old rusty urn that looks just like this so I could easily replicate. And, I have my chippy balustrade that I use for the "bunny ear hat" that I could so do the flower arrangement on instead...I think I even have one of those straw bunnies to use.

Do you see my conundrum? I just like too much but it doesn't all look good crammed into one house. What's a girl to do?

I have a collection of small vintage Easter things that I still love but, once again, I'm kind of over the colors and I'm definitely over the small size. I think I just might try grouping them all together in one of the bathrooms on the shelves.


It is definitely looking like things are as clear as mud-lol. I really don't know which way I will end up going but I'm kind of glad that I decided not to start today. Grand daughter #3 may be stopping in and I couldn't subject anyone to what the house looks like in the middle of a swap...not to mention that it is just no fun doing any of that in stormy weather-if we ever get any stormy weather! Think I'll just go watch another Monk. My family is Monk addicted. We've all watched it so many times but when grand daughter #3 texted us all the other day that they will me making a reunion movie in May, we have already planned a watch party and are going to try to watch them all one more time before the movie premieres. I'm not really sure that will be possible because there are LOTS of seasons and episodes, but I will try. And today seems like the perfect time to start! It will get my mind off of Easter and tomorrow will be a new day.

Stay safe and stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment