decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, March 20, 2023

Here Comes Peter Cottontail

 So my swap began yesterday morning and it actually moved along pretty quickly. I still have the sunroom to decorate and then all of the stuff taken down to pack away but, it moved more quickly than I thought and so I wanted to post the living room and see what you think. It is the room I think I was the least happy with so I made some changes. I'm not sure I'm totally done with the changes but for now, this is where we stand. And, I am not starting with the porch as I usually do because I haven't gotten to the garden shop yet and the pots still have shamrocks...yikes! In any case, let's head into the living room.

I started the change right in the entry. I like the bunny better in the basket than on the large tin tray and, I tried hard to keep the faux flowers down to mostly purple and pink. I had to acquiesce to a bit of yellow because there was already some in the arrangement that I made last year and I love it too much to start to mess with it. I think I needed to just give a nod to the yellow so your eye had a place to land as it went around the room. Still not my favorite color...I don't know why. It's supposed to represent happiness. I think I'm happy...I just don't care for the color. Lol

So this is where the egg wreath ended up. As I thought, I didn't like the new colors with the pot that I put the plant in. I tried putting the wreath on the couch table where it usually lives with other things but I missed the green of the live plant and I didn't have anything else of body that would fill that space-and, the object was to be able to re-decorate without buying anything new. So, here it is. I actually think I like it back where it started so many years ago-albeit with a new coat of many colors. But, the yellow is now introduced and you can follow it around the room.

I also like that the wreath brings in some of the colors in the bunny's egg stash.

As I am looking at this, I am thinking that I need to add something to give this some pop. I think I am going to see if I can find some green excelsior when I head out tomorrow and maybe give the eggs a little color. 




Here is the bunny on the balustrade that is similar to the Pinterest picture that I shared the other day. I was going to do a flower arrangement under him but then decided that I already have bordering on too many faux flowers going on so I just placed him on the flower garland that I picked up in the Target $ Spot and I like it...sometimes less really is more!

I still really love the bunny head arrangement I made last year-although now I am regretting all of those yellow flowers...sigh.





This Easter egg bead garland was actually the first one I made and seemed to be the precursor of all of the other bead garlands to come. I had never seen one but, it looked easy enough, it was back during Covid lock down and, I had all of the supplies so I gave it a try. It's not my favorite but I'm OK with it here.

I was positive that I wasn't going to use the PB pot with the spring flowers this year in my effort to stay more neutral but, I feel like this spot needs something large and until I buy a fresh Easter lily, I caved because I don't have anything else. I did try to weed out a lot of the bright flowers and most of the yellow.

And this is where my beautiful bunny birthday present ended up. I knew I wanted it with the bunny in the cloche-which could be his twin brother or at least a distant cousin-ha-ha-and I wanted it to have a presence. I propped him up on an old, little "stool" that I bought long ago in a favorite antique store and I absolutely love how this vignette turned out-they were made for each other!




So that is the living room so far-always subject to change! I'm off to grab a quick lunch and then to try to get everything packed back up so I can get my car back into the garage and out of the grips of the still falling leaves and pollen! Stay safe and stay tuned. 

Better...at least it will be when I pull those few cellophane grass bits out. I think this will work for now.








No comments:

Post a Comment