decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, March 17, 2023

Bidding My Time!

 I'm sure by now anyone who reads this blog must know that I am sitting one of my grand dogs this week while her family is off skiing in Park City, Utah. She is such a sweet dog and I love having her here. She follows me everywhere I go and is a good companion even when I'm working out in the yard. She doesn't run so she can just be with me wherever I go and I don't need to worry about leashes, doors being open, etc. The only problem with the whole thing is that she is a bit of a nervous Nelly and I don't want to leave her alone because I know she panics when she can't see me. And so, unless she's here for an incredibly long visit, I stay home with her or only go places that she can come along. And so, the good part of that is that I have had lots of "at home" time this week to catch up on all sorts of things...and I have. Fast forward to today and I really didn't have any projects to look forward to -the garbage cans are still full and awaiting next week's pick up- so, not even any raking. And so, I found myself looking for something to do. I have been rethinking my Easter decor so I decided to make another canvas with an image I must have printed last year.

I didn't take a lot of pictures because I used the same technique I have shown you so many times before. I painted the canvas with a little green, chalk and mineral colored paint. I just kind of painted them on one after another while they were still wet so they kind of blended in parts and ended up with a background kind of similar to the background on the image. Then I just decoupaged the print on and distressed the torn edges a little. I have no idea where-or even if-I will use this. I just know that I am going to try to do less of the bright white, pink, yellow, blue etc. and go to more of the natural colors of spring so, if this can find a home, it will fill in a little of what might be empty space. We shall see.



Today is St. Patrick's Day. Even though I was pretty sure I wouldn't be seeing anyone today, I simply had to wear green! Don't want to take any chances. Lol Hope everyone is having a great day. I'm guessing I won't be back until I've got my Easter decor to show you...wish me luck. I always have a hard time changing things once I've used them in a certain way. Stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment