decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, August 21, 2021

Whew!

 Well, I mentioned that I knew I was going to have a busy week but it turned out even busier...and more fun...than I had anticipated. I had several appointments, a day with a friend and grand son #1's football game on the calendar but received a lovely surprise when daughter #1 and grand daughter #4 came for the night on their way to Tallahassee and then daughter #3 and her kids and my brother and sister-in-law also surprised me so we could have a mini family reunion and send Liv off to FSU in style. We'll get to more about all of that at the end. Let's see a bit more of autumn 2021 first. We're heading into the kitchen.






Here is the little arrangement that I put together last year when we couldn't buy Libbey's canned pumpkin at the start of the season. I bought some of this organic pumpkin and thought the can was just too cute to throw away.






I still love my fingerprint tree made by my 3 youngest grands and the "Eric Carle-esque" tree made by another grand daughter many years ago.

And, I don't think I will ever tire of my autumn Fitz and Floyd collection.




Now that you've seen the kitchen, let me share some of this week's photos. The first is of grand daughter #4. She is on her way back to FSU but will be having a bit of a time for the next 6 weeks or so as she just had surgery on a knee cap that had continued to dislocate and in doing so tore her meniscus. She is doing really well but the brace may slow her down a bit. On the other hand, she's young so maybe not. lol

And just a few photos from our first football game of the year. We were at a jamboree in Gainesville and, even though it is still so hot around here, we were on the shady side of the field with a slight breeze and the night was lovely!



That moon was so pretty and got more beautiful as it rose.



So that was my week. This next one doesn't promise to be anywhere as exciting but you never know around here. I'll be back. Until then, stay safe and stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment